A simple marinade transforms ordinary boneless, skinless chicken into these splendid Honey Glazed Chicken Kabobs! Hello, barbecue season!!
Marinating chicken infuses flavor deep into the meat along with tenderizing. Beware, when marinating shrimp or chicken, as you can over-marinate, making your protein mushy. Six hours or even overnight should be fine for these kabobs. Feel free to shake up what you skewer in addition to the chicken. The hubby would prefer no pineapple, but I was happy to eat his share!
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch pieces cubes
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into 1½ inch pieces cubes (about 2½ pounds)
- 1 yellow onion, cut into 1½-inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 1½ inch pieces
- 1 half pineapple, cored, peeled and cut into 1½-inch chunks
- In a large liquid measuring cup, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, pepper, and garlic. Place the chicken into a gallon ziplock bag and add the marinade. Place in the refrigerator for 4-6 hours, flipping the bag at least once.
- When ready to grill, thread the marinated chicken, onions, peppers, and pineapple onto skewers (if using wooden skewers, soak in water for 30 minutes before using so they won’t burn).
- Grill until chicken is just cooked though. Serve hot.