This creamy, refreshing key lime pie recipe requires only 7 ingredients, 10 minutes of prep time, and no baking at all. Low carb, gluten-free, and sugar-free.
- Line the bottom of a pie pan with parchment paper (optional, but makes it easier to remove the slices later).
- To make the crust, stir together the almond flour, coconut oil, and erythritol. Press the crust into the pie pan. Set aside.
- Place the avocado (skin removed), softened cream cheese, erythritol, and vanilla extract into a high power blender or a food processor.
- Zest the limes using a zester and add the zest to the blender. Squeeze the juice out of all the limes in there as well. Puree the mixture until smooth, scraping down the sides with a spatula.
- Pour/spoon the pureed mixture into the crust. Smooth with a spatula or the back of a spoon.
- Refrigerate for at least two hours, until the pie is firm. Serve with homemade sugar-free whipped cream if desired. Keep refrigerated.
Net carbs per serving: 5g
*Any other granular sweetener will also work. Coconut sugar works great if not low carb.
Recipe Courtesy of https://www.wholesomeyum.com/